Below, are the Top 5 items you need ask yourself before starting your Virtual experience.
- Do you have a Niche? – (mine is Commercial Real Estate Assistant)
- Do you have a Business name/License Company filed in the state where you live? Contact your local SBA and attend one of their free seminars to get a feel for the cost and items you will need.
- Do you have a Company Bank Account, Paypal Account or means to be paid? Do you know about your right-offs, tax benefits amount and when to pay? Bonus: Do you know what you should be charging for your services? What is the going rate for a VA with your expert knowledge and experience?
- Do you have a “Home Office” set up? Computer, printer, scanner, payment tracking system (Quickens), Word, Excel, or other tools needed for your specific niche?
- Do you have a social media presence?
I could go on and on with what you would need to get your VA business started. But we are all here to earn a living and knowledge is power. If you are interested in more information, please e-mail (email@example.com) me and we can get started on a mentor-ship and I can share my experience (at a small cost) and ideas that will help you build your client-base.
I now make more money than when I was working full-time and set my hours accordingly! I wouldn’t change a thing about my professional experience because that is what has led me to where I am at today. My own boss and doing what I love!